Monday, April 27, 2009

Mails!

Someone in my wing sent an email and got a response so I am posting both of them here. The response is exceptionally enlightening. (Names have been removed to protect the innocent).


Hello Travian Plus Support,

I am writing you today to ask about some recent concerns I have with the gold system and billing. I play on the account XXX on the USx server, and have recently started to purchase gold as I see the power it offers. My trouble comes from an alliance member who has run into an issue with the gold system, and it raises concerns in my own mind. One of the effected accounts is: XXX for reference sake.

To make a long story short, XXX and others have been banned recently as a result of a bug on your side of the gold buying system. Essentially this player purchased gold twice, but was charged a total of 14 times on her credit statement, and never received the gold she was falsely charged for. As if this is not scary enough, the real trouble comes from the lack of help travian offered this player, claiming that she some how spent 7200 gold in less then a month, and that the player had no options for bad gold purchases. She was even threatened, saying that if she alerted his credit card company she would be banned.

This raises a number of questions that I need answers to as a player who has recently started to purchase gold of my own, and I am going to be watching my credit card statements much more carefully:

1. What can I do if I buy gold and don't get it credited to my account?

2. What is the company policy for refunds based on unauthorized gold transactions? Weather a bug in the system or some other reason. We live in an insecure world, if some one steals my CC number and buys gold with it, am I at fault? From your responses to my friend it would seem so.

3. What is the company policy concerning accidental multiple purchases? If my computer locks up and I have to resubmit a purchase form, but I am billed twice, what happens?

4. What kind of logs are kept of all this? From what I have seen so far travian does not have logs showing gold being put into an account, or what it's spent on. It appears to be untracked totally.

Overall I am very concerned about both the safety of my credit, as well as the account I put a large amount of time into. It appears that travian is unable or unwilling to track and investigate money issues concerning an account. And that a normal reaction to a faulty charge -calling your credit card company- is met with hostile recourse.

Thanks for your time,
XXX

Hello,

Thank you for your question.

The first thing that is worth mentioning is that when a credit card payment is cancelled from the other end it actually charges Travian money, so that is why we ban accounts that cancel payments from their end. Furthermore credit card payments are controlled by a company entirely seperate to Travian.

1. If the gold isn't creditted then you can just email us with proof of purchase and we will find out the problem and credit the gold.
2. In this case it would not be you at fault, if you cancel the payment with the credit card company then the account that used it to purchase gold will be banned automatically.
3. In this case we will credit the gold for both payments due to the fact we cannot cancel the payments once they are in the hands of the other company.
4. We cannot discuss what logs are kept, but we do have a fair degree of information available.

One further word of advice would be that if you purchase gold through paypal Travian has far greater control over the transaction, so that can be simpler sometimes.

Kind regards,

US GameAdmin
Travian Team

3 comments:

  1. So I have been playing travian for some time now on s4.travian.com and just the other day I purchased some Gold through PayPal, the next morning I check my email and find an email from PayPal saying I had an unauthorized access to my account and it was locked out so I had to verify my information all over again. I also noticed PayPal had disputed the charge for the Gold. I go to log into travian and notice I am banned and it says to send an email to chargebacks@traviangames.com so I follow the instructions and send an email. I received a reply back:

    Hello,

    thank you for your email.

    Your account has been banned, due to a negative booking operation of paypal. Sadly we have received a charge back.

    As these chargebacks are very expensive and time intensive for us, your account has been banned and remains banned. There is no way to unban the account again.

    Please contact us again, should you have any more questions.

    Kind regards,

    xxxxxxxxxxx
    Chargebacks

    So I call PayPal to see what is going on and the guy explains that it appeared as if my IP was coming from a different state than what I usually log in from, I told the guy I have a cable modem and he said that explained it that they probably moved me to a different hub. So he releases the payment and sends an email to Travian explaining it was not my fault and hopes they would understand and lift the ban. He said it was not really a chargeback and they should not have occured no charges, it was basically a delayed payment due to there security features. I have sent several emails to different people and no response as of yet. All my resources are overflowing and the Travian Plus and 25% Resources Bonus are turned on wasting gold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard of couple complaints on PayPal so I never tried using it with Travian, or any online game. Recently I've found out about Paysafecard. Travian and BiteFight support it's payments. IT's awesome. You don't need to give any personal or bank info, just pin codes on the card and you're all set. I'm telling you, I fell in love with this thing on a first use...
    I can't believe that because of a wrong payment option [paypal] people get banned... stupid...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been there done that and got FULL REFUND, important thing to remember is that Travian do not write consumer laws, they do not have a let to stand on, only empty threats, see proof here:

    http://travianjustice.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete